Sunday, August 31, 2008

Caution Detour Ahead to Pure Imagination!


Take my hand, come along with me, the land we are headed to is situated upon a point in the far west corner of a distant memory, high atop a clown mountain!

Inside this room all of my dreams become realities

and some of my realities become dreams! I bet you recognize this, just play along, or uh, sing along that is!

Let me in I'm starving!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...

Hold your breath,

Make a wish,

(Note: print this secret letter out and hold it up to a mirror to reveal it's hidden message!)

Count to three.

Come with me,

And you'll be

In a world of Pure Imagination!

Take a look...

And you'll see

(print out and hold to a mirror to read me!)

Into your imagination...

We'll begin, with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation,

What we'll see will defy explanation!

If you want to view paradise,

Simply look around and view it,

Anything you want to, do it!

Want to change the world?

There's nothing to it!

There is no life I know,

To compare with Pure Imagination,

Living there, you'll be free,

If you truly wish to be! To quote one of my favorite muses, of course, Mr. Willy Wonka!

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade! That's what my grandmama always used to say...an unexpected package arrived at my doorstep, leaning over to pick it up I could hear it's contents rattle! As I opened it and peered in, I saw my fractured reflection looking back at me, and before even the slightest hint of disappointment could wash over me, a light bulb went off above my head and a large smile curled across my face! This is Perfect! I know just what I'll do! What a great gift! Thank you!

Details and Devices:
Camera, one broken mirror, paper masks on popsicle sticks, vintage backgammon game, one (ironic) packing label, card stock & circle punches, oil pastel sticks on construction paper, black & white acrylic checkerboard painted on canvas, one big red flicker kiss brooch and just a sprinkling of pure imagination!