Sunday, December 15, 2013

Turkey Trot, Austin, Texas 2013

 My husband David and I participated in this years Turkey Trot 5 mile race through downtown Austin, Texas on Thanksgiving morning.
 Heading for the starting corral, it was 34 degrees and my very first race ever! 5 miles at a steady 51:03. Truly, I felt like I won, it was so exhilarating!
 My gorgeous, handsome husband. I told him to go ahead because he runs much faster than me…. but he stayed with me and came in at 51:02 minutes, he could have ran the 5 mile stretch at least 15 minutes faster!
 There were people running in costumes of all things Thanksgiving.
 A pilgram and his gal.
 And after the race was over they had sweet treats of cut up oranges, bananas and bagels too! It was such a funny thing to see a giant (tired) turkey sucking on an orange!
There were even a few Santa Claus's!!! Can't wait till next year, I'm gonna work really hard to beat my time!!!