Sunday, February 24, 2008

INK BLOT EXPERIMENTS


And Dr. Rorschach said,what do you see? One night, or actually truthfully early one morning (about 3:00 AM) several months ago, I had an overwhelming urge to spill some milk, er, I mean ink! Don't ask me why or how my art ideas happen, who knows?! And really none of that matters to me anyway, my art is about having fun, fun thinking it up, fun creating it, and fun sharing it. I'm very satisfied in that it just happens. I don't need to know why or what it means! I'm guess I'm simple like that!

Prima
So anyway back to the spilled milk, I mean ink, I folded several sheets of cardstock in half and began drizzling ink randomly and then smushed the sheets together and Viola!

Vaudeville
Every time I opened one a fantastic, vibrant, alive design emerged and was staring right at me! (Well, it was 3:00AM and that's how I remember it)!

Pirouette
As I continued I began to be a bit more deliberate with the placement of ink and what showed up were people, funny odd little people, just asking for faces and hands, hats and feets, balloons and horns!

Scaramouche
I took them to my desk (as I like to work with the messier stuff in my kitchen) and added befitting parts,

Virtuoso
each image really spoke to me and dictated what sort of parts it wanted!

Minstrel
That's how my latest stamp line came about!

Madame Butterfly
I'm very happy to present, THE INK BLOT EXPERIMENT!

Cavalier
There are 10 rubber stamp blot images mounted on wood, each is named for a theatrical reference, and 5 clearly impressed sheets ready to be mounted on clear acrylic blocks. Now available at Stampington & Company.

Encore
I think you will have as much fun experimenting with them as I have!

Burlesque
Use brightly colored inks and explore the possibilities!

Botanical Illustrations
Fresh flower ladies and fairy girls!

The Gentleman's Collection
A feathered top hat and mustached men!

Le Bon Genre
Lovely lass's and a pinched up corset!

Out of the Hurly Burly
A dapper bunny rabbit just perfect for Easter, pointed boots and happy clowns!

Fancy Costumes
Queenly things and fanciful roller skates!

There are truly an endless amount of design combinations!

I've really fallen in love with these jewel like pieces,and

the amount of detail that has been captured is fantastic, just look at those dainty little fairy feet!

I mounted a few of mine on acrylic blocks and set them up all in a row, just to look at for inspiration!

A dancing brown bunny with the smallest of carnations pinned to his suit!

A seriously beautiful 18 th century lady with hair piled high!

And of course she simply must be carrying swirly balloons! What's a lady without a handful of balloons?!

And I see a wonderful Halloweenish gentleman here with terrific stripped socks! I'm going to conduct further experiments with this one, white ink on black paper for a fun "bones" effect!

The mysterious masked clown

looks as if he is being carried away by his beautiful red helium balloons! Don't balloons just scream happy!?

With the acrylic blocks you can see exactly where to place your design elements,

Mix and match parts, mix and match inks, you can even use the ink blot images alone for a great dramatic effect! I'm working on a piece now using several of the same blots to create a kaleidoscope effect!
This funny little guy reminds me of Salvador Dali!
Now, go forth and play and play and play!