Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happiness is: WHERE WOMEN CREATE!


Happiness is: Finding your way.

Setting out on a new adventure...

in search of exciting, inspiring things...

discovering wonderful places to explore...

and beautiful sites to see!

Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?

The world's a nicer place in my beautiful balloon,

It wears a nicer face in my beautiful balloon...

We can sing a song...

and sail along the silver sky!

For we can fly!

Up, up and away,

in my beautiful,

my beautiful balloon!

If you hold my hand we'll chase your dream...hee, hee, I can't remember the rest of the words to the song!

Now, I suppose you are wondering what this is all about!

Well, it is finally here! ~WHERE WOMEN CREATE~ and it has blown in on the wind like a ship set out to sea,

carrying it's creative bounty to all!

First there was the book, "Where Women Create" by Jo Packham and now the quarterly magazine! And it is everything you could have imagined and more!

This magazine, hmm, I feel funny calling it that, it is really more like a book, and let me tell you, cover to cover yummy!

Where Women Create is a place where beauty and clever creativity abound! Jam packed with delicious photos, words of wisdom

from artist's you know and love and my favorite section, Where Women Shop the place to find exclusive limited edition objects of desire by the featured designers, like Jenny Doh! Karima Cammell! Jill Schwartz! Denise Sharp! Lisa Kaus! Debbee Thibault!

and A Creative Woman, print on canvas by your's truly, along with my new column Studio Chic, as well as works and offerings by Anna Corba, Jody Battaglia, Kaari Meng, Jen O'Connor, Shelli Gardner, Mary Jane Butters and the list goes on! Quite the roster!

Then there are all the additional goodies like the Silver Suitcase Society, which is your passport to the creative journey!

I can't begin to tell you guys how wonderful and supportive you are, and in celebration of the launch of Where Women Create, I want to show my appreciation by giving away one ~FREE ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION~to the magazine as first prize! A $60.00 value!

As second prize, a Where Women Create tote bag with a

little box of treasure inside!

And as third prize, another tote bag with a WWC pen so you can sketch out all of your creative ideas!

The magazine is truly a little slice of heaven to be poured over again and again! Every time I look at my already well worn issue I see something new! Find your way to the place where women create, really, you owe it to yourself! I will pick the winners on Sunday, November 30th, good luck to you all! Visuals details: hot air balloon created from a champagne cork basket, antique fashion plates, some hemp string and cardstock, old European paper maps, antique books and a wooden pointing "He went that way!" hand found at a thrift shop. You can pick up a copy at your local craft store or order the magazine on line at www.stampington.com or www.wherewomencreate.com