Sunday, November 30, 2008

Inconceivably Preposterous...


Will you just look at what yesterdays sugar sweet raindrops have cultivated...

Tip toe through the tulips with me...be sure to stop and smell the roses, but be careful not to get too close, you just might get your nose pinched!

I was surprised, I always am! I suppose I should have suspected as much...after all my good friend Horton did discover them

all those years ago! And he did you know, hear a who, you know and more than one he did, he did!

So I really should have listened up,

Yes, I really should have guessed!

That an eensy,

weensy girl, well, two in fact, three in back, ok, four to be exactly exact!

Where in the midst of playing a minuscule game of hide and seek, taken in the babiest of baby steps with the teensiest of feets.

Quick, move along over there, duck under and around that stem, rest your elbows up on it, put your face in your arms, close your eyes and count down,

count down, 10- 9 -8- 7- 6- 5- 4- 3- 2- 1, ready or not here I come! Then go a look'n, hide nor hair, here nor there, where,

oh, where can they be? Lots of nooks and crannies, perfect for hiding mongst the buds and blossoms.

Each one keeps a little secret, tell us now, tell us how...but wait I hear snickers and giggles and small little laughs bouncing back and forth mongst the flowers! Don't you peek, don't you dare!

Looking high, looking low, looking here and there, is that? Can it be? A silly funny fellow, excuse me sir, do you know? Have you seen?

Oh, they may be in, they may be out, look up and then look down. Did you see that move? Did you hear that jiggle?

Oh yes! I get it!

Now I see! Hidden in plain sight, a yellow dress, red hair and freckles! Many smiling faces, there's 1, there's 2, but where are you.. tucked in among the posies?

Tip high, tip low, tip tip, tip toe through the tulips with me! Ok, I know people, I have no excuse, cept to say that it all does just roll out

and falls trippingly off the tongue!

As I've mentioned before,

I quite like the thought of the inconceivably preposterous!

I mean will you just look at what a simple seemingly, innocently bestowed gift of a bouquet of flowers has caused?!

And what's more, I can not let them fade away quietly into oblivion

without capturing their rare beauty in each and every stage of existence.

Always and forever, remember, never to forget, each and every moment comes but once!

And now to announce the Where Women Create winners! First prize, a one year subscription to Where Women Create goes to Studio Mystele! Second prize of a WWC exclusive tote bag & treasure box goes to Tatting Chic! And third prize of a WWC tote
bag and designer pen goes to Fannie! Congrats friends and be sure to email me with your contact info!

Visuals details: Half inch tall porcelain dolls, just a tad bigger than your thumb nail, carefully hand painted(my eye still twitches now and then) to resemble some childhood friends and kiln fired. Fresh flowers courtesy of my husband and mother nature.