Thursday, February 5, 2015

TBT DIVINE LUCK:


Sometimes you meet someone that changes the course of your life or has such a big influence on you that it causes you to rethink things...
I had the divine luck of coming to know a remarkable (that word is really too pale and doesn't even begin to describe him) legendary man, who shared fascinating stories with me, bestowed upon me priceless words of wisdom and advice. He kept me pointed in the right direction. It has always been a mystery to me how we are drawn to particular people, in love, in friendship or mentorship... the role certain characters come to play in one another's silent stories (some of which I don't feel free to share too many details, I'm sure you'll understand, my friends). Dennis was a fellow art lover, a galaxy traveling companion, a universal adventure seeker, a teacher with a vast, thorough knowledge of life and what it all means... a romantic, sentimental, wise and generous soul. I miss him dearly. I can remember thinking then that I knew a lot, that I had things all figured out. Looking back I realize now how much I still had to learn! Oh what I wouldn't give to have just a few more precious moments to soak up his shining reflections...
The most important thing I learned from him: "Never measure wealth by money."
Yes Sir Hopper, I can still hear your words of enlightenment ringing clearly! 
At times I feel like I am reading aloud a private letter sent centuries ago to someone special, a personal, passionate note meant for "their" eyes only... but in moments of clarity I'm happy to share them here with you.