Monday, September 3, 2007

My Ink Blot Experiments


To Pop and Bold, art that is! As I mentioned before, my artistic tastes are ALL over the place! On my particular journey every medium is fair game. I had been playing with the idea of ink blots for a while and finally made the time to do it. This will most certainly be the easiest technique you will ever learn and definitely the most Freeing and Fun! Check out the latest issue of Somerest Studio for all the details and how to's.




In case you're curious, L*E*D is the name of my husband's funk band! Once you create an ink blot you can conduct further experiments upon it in Photoshop, that's how this lovely orchid color was achieved.
I created" happy hands" for my mischievious little "Brownie" by color copying my own, reducing them to the appropriate size and gluing them directly onto the ink blot.

After you get the hang of it, be more deliberate of ink placement to create fantastic faces and creatures!
It's really irresistable, you can't eat just one!

Heh, heh!