Monday, June 1, 2009

Through the Looking Glass


Isn't it funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same?

I recently came across some photos from my childhood, I hadn't seen them in a very long while so they looked new to me.

When I look at the happy little girl in those pictures, I think, yeah, I remember her...I remember that day, the sun was shining brightly, not a cloud in the sky to be found.

The things that made me happy then are still the things that make me happiest today.

Pretty dresses and fancy shoes, even though I wear sneakers most of the time and did then too when I could get away with it,

but a girl still likes a great pair of shoes!

Long walks with my dad in the snow, back when a day seemed to last an eternity. I would bombard him with the silliest of questions, "Is it possible for cotton candy to grow on trees? Could there be a cotton candy forrest some where we don't

know about? Can we go there? How do butterflies wings work? Do you think it is scary or wonderful for them the first time they fly?

I picked fresh daisies to wear in my hair and usually had Bandaids on both knees. I spent hours talking to my pets, making up games with my pal Bitsy, our chihuahua. He really liked playing dress up, he was a sweetheart and a patient little soul!

The yesterme was slightly on the shy side, I was very much the outdoors type, a girlie girl but a tomboy too, always curious and filled with wonder.

I have the tiniest flashes of recollection that still hold true today, my little Julliette is certainly proof of that!

Nothing was ordinary, all is extraordinary!

And everything and anything is possible! I used to tell everyone I met how I once rode a bucking bronco bunny!

And I did too!

At about age 12 I got Lobo, he was my best friend and confidant, he knew all my secrets, hopes and dreams, not to mention he was a very good dancer too!

I try to absorb life in a very whole hearted and passionate way

and do my best to squeeze out every last juicy moment!

Like sands through an hour glass, I exist as a slow steady fire,

fueled by burning creative curiosity,

sometimes waxing nostalgic,

yet anxious for what tomorrow will bring...

Living and loving...
as the years drift by like clouds full of memories,

just waiting...to shower you with gifts!
Take a moment to remember your yesteryou and always have Joie de Vive!