Friday, May 15, 2015

Inspiration Strikes!

RELICS & ARTIFACTS  Prima Marketing Flowers 
I collect my passions and now have the pure joy of creating with them too. This whole thing started because I couldn't put holes in an amazing antique Milagro. I wanted to create a necklace but couldn't bring myself to alter the original. I looked around at all the odds & ends scattered on my shelves and there it was!! Of course, create some craft blanks, RELICS & ARTIFACTS was born!!
Monstrance: CHIVALRY 941697 I painted the entire piece a deep brick red then used 3 tones of gold acrylic craft paints, bright gold, a metallic gold and an antique gold. The wood backing was custom cut... Prima will have them available this Summer! Vintage found objects are incorporated there and there, an old candlestick, a child's ring, a small brass wax seal. I use E6000 to adhere everything together. Add in some tiny accent touches of turquoise, mahogany, emerald and dark brown... helps bring the piece to life. Finish off with garnets and smokey quartz trimmed in dresden and Finnabair Mica Flakes on the wings. 
www.sandraevertson.com