Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Round Peg in a Square Hole

In order to be artistic the oh so precious quality of extreme sensitivity is at once a curse and a blessing. For you cannot possess one without the other. They simply go hand in hand. Therefore at those inevitable times when that mischievous little muse has departed and negative thoughts or depression drift your way, be secure and take solace in the fact that just on the other side of an artistic dry spell awaits a Big Red Flush of Creativity( herein referred to as BRF). Once again, the two go hand in hand! Now, you know it's true! It's happened to me and it's happened to you!
In April 2005 my first book Fanciful Paper Projects had just been released, truly exhausted from the whole process leading up to that event, I fell into a bit of a dry spell. When my BRF came it came big! I filled an entire sketch book in just a few short weeks! This paper dress was one of those ideas. Created for Somerset Wedding Vol. 2, all I can say is "Thank goodness for those little spells"!