Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Fanciful Milliner's Hat


Lets dance our way right into the new year!

And scatter the path with colorful flowers...

Take a tired and tattered top hat, revive and restyle it!
Lend it some flair!

I try to find ways to bring my collections out into the the open, use them in my ever changing displays. After all why keep your beautiful treasures hidden away?

I found two collapsable silk top hats at a flea market a while back, they certainly had seen better times!

One was worse than the other but oh, the possibilities! My thoughts strayed to sweet summer days, a dapper young lad, maybe strolling through the park accompanied by a lovely lady no doubt.

Alas, those days are long gone, so to perk it up and bring back the garden memories I planted lots of delicious antique millinery flowers, on just the right spots and in just the right colors!

I won't tell who the beautiful milliner's model is, but I sure have a bit of a crush on him!