Sunday, October 28, 2007

Believe it or What?!

This was our Jack-O-Lantern in 1999, pretty ordinary guy as pumpkins go.

We carved him up, saved the seeds to make toasty treats! Yum! Yum! My favorite!

There was a small disaster because I threw all of the pumpkin pulp in the garbage disposal! Who knew it would BURN the motor to a crisp! (probably shouldn't remind my husband of this)

Any who, I put a little glass votive inside to awaken and give him some life.

It was a very stange and particularly dry fall season aound these parts that year.

You've heard of the Great Pumpkin haven't you?

Well, here's our Jack-O-Mummy! I didn't have the heart to throw him out 8 years ago and he is still with us and every year he just keeps shrinking and becoming more wrinkled. Once in a while I'll see a bird perched on the fence with a puzzled look, probably thinking What the heck....?!