Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rumble in the Pumpkin Patch!

These pictures are several years old, but every time I look at them they make me smile! The beautiful black cat was my kitty Rudy, I found her when she was just a teeny kitten, back in 1990. Last year she had to leave us for that big pumpkin patch in the sky, she was with us for 17 years and was such a wonderful girl, a real girly girl, when she walked it was on her dainty little tippy toes. She was a very petite little thing, with big round yellow eyes and fur so sleek and shiny it felt like velvet!

When she was 5 years old, as I mentioned before we found (is there any other way to get a cat?) her baby brother Romeo (the painter) in the engine of my car! And let me tell you he was a terror! Once, in the middle of the night he pulled down ALL the Christmas lights that had been strung on the door, the verticle blinds they were hung from got tangled around him SOME HOW as he ran through the livingroom past the hallway and into the bedroom. On his way he pulled a siver basket full of fruit off the coffee table, and that got tangled up too, then a tall flower arrangement off a small console table! I woke up, ran to the living room, which looked like a wrecking ball had been there, Rudy was sitting in a chair, eyes the size of saucers! I followed the still lit light trail which led through the house and directly under my bed! And there I found one little ring tailed kitten, who was so scared when he opened his mouth to say "MEOW" nothing came out! I laughed so hard, how could anyone be mad?!

Just look at her there, so sweet and innocent, so unsuspecting! And there he is, King of the Jungle, quietly sneaking up about to POUNCE!

And It's On! I love this series of pictures, those two rough housed all the time, but surely loved each other too! Funny, as now its Romeo's turn, because Juliette our chihuahua is a little spit fire!